Join us virtually for Spook Walk 2020!
You can join in the fun by walking, running or rolling 5km in your neighbourhood while raising money for the animals at Burlington Humane Society! You can take part in this event from anywhere in the world. Once you sign up as an individual or team (and pay the $20 tax deductible registration), you can fundraise online or in person. Between October 17th and Halloween, we encourage you to get out there in your costume and walk, run or roll! If you have pets, make sure they get in on the fun too! Dogs can join in outside and indoor pets could do laps with you or complete an obstacle course! You can register and fundraise at any time between October 1st and November 7th.
Everyone who registers receives a certificate of participation via email. Remember to indicate your pet’s name if they’re walking too, so that we can include them in your certificate!
To register, please visit our CanadaHelps registration page:
Check out these 10 easy steps to a fun filled Spook Walk!
- Registration fee is $20 and tax deductible, you’re now participating in Spook Walk!
- Want to help more? Decide if you’d like to fundraise by joining a team or participate as an individual. Share your page with friends, family and co-workers!
- You can also fundraise using the pledge form, by printing it out and using it for in person donations.
- Decide on a route you’ll walk, run or roll. Don’t want to go outside? You can do laps around the house, or set up a safe obstacle course for you or your pets!
- Choose an awesome costume for you and your pet if they’re walking too. Make sure your pet’s comfortable with wearing a costume first!
- October 17th-31st go out there and walk, run or roll! Be sure to take pictures of you and your pets in costume and share them to social media using the hashtag #BHSSpookWalk20
- Want to win a prize? Costume photos which tag @burlingtonhumanesociety on Facebook and use the hashtag #BHSSpookWalk20 will be included in a Facebook album starting October 24th. The photo with the most likes by Halloween Eve at 10pm EST will win a prize!
- Need more time to register or fundraise? Don’t worry, you have until November 7th!
- Have fun and stay safe!